You have most likely heard of the unconference, but have you ever heard of an uninterrupted conference?
Learning-Focused is proud to present the first ever uninterrupted conference – a never-before-seen conference model that embraces a traditional approach of attending sessions for critical and trendy topics in education, and then (and here’s the amazing part) provides you with quality, ongoing professional development through a variety of interactive and engaging mediums… truly uninterrupted!
Join us for three days of powerful learning sessions that are intended to supercharge your teaching. You’ll have an opportunity to choose from a variety of focus areas and interact with Learning-Focused experts and exemplary educators in the field (real teachers and administrators) to walk away with high-impact strategies and practices to immediately implement into your school or district!
At Learning-Focused, we know that connecting strategies and practices to each other creates a pathway to becoming exemplary!
Take the first step along your pathway and join us to…
- learn how exemplary leaders and teachers maintain high levels of achievement
- get inspiration from exemplary educators
- learn about using Learning-Focused strategies in your classroom or school
- help students understand content vocabulary terms through exemplary vocabulary instruction
- understand how to differentiate your assignments so that all students are successful
- connect with potential collaborators
- develop more confident, competent readers in all content areas at all grade levels
- move to the next level with the #1 strategy on improving student achievement
- learn new strategies for increasing learning that you can implement the next day
- and much more
Learning sessions start you off with a chance to dive into new strategies, practices, and trends, while follow up opportunities help you continue your learning by providing you support through…
- online courses
- online forums
- blog posts
- additional resources
Learning Sessions at the Conference
This year we have a variety of different strands of breakout sessions. Each of these highly regarded and anticipated sessions include a wide variety of content and feature leading experts from schools across the country. Jump into the topics that best fit your needs, and gain the tools and knowledge to create more effective learning experiences.
Guided Reading Institute
The Learning-Focused Guided Reading Institute is an intensive two-day institute focused on how to explicitly teach reading to elementary students who are either learning to read or reading below grade-level.
Participants will learn…
- how to create a literacy block so that all students learn how to read, learn to love reading, and how to interact with books
- how whole group instruction should be structured and created for understanding of text and to instill a love of reading for students
- about small group instruction: The Reading Continuum and the characteristics of each stage so that reading instruction matches students’ needs
- how to teach students to read at each stage of the reading continuum
- how to create reading, writing, and word building stations to match students need
- to make several activities for each station that you can use the next day in your classroom
- how to connect whole group instruction with small group instruction
Vocabulary Training of Trainers
The Learning-Focused Effective Vocabulary Instruction Training of Trainers Institute is an intensive two-day institute focused on addressing the root cause of academic struggles — a lack of vocabulary and background knowledge.
Participants will learn…
- key activities and content of the Effective Vocabulary Instruction workshop
- characteristics of quality coaching/feedback regarding vocabulary instruction
- how to facilitate and redeliver the Effective Vocabulary Instruction workshop accurately and effectively
- how to provide effective lesson feedback regarding characteristics of effective vocabulary instruction
What You Receive
In addition to learning how to facilitate and redeliver the Effective Vocabulary Instruction Training of Trainers Institute, participants will receive a trainer kit that includes the following resources and materials:
- Effective Vocabulary Instruction for Learning-Focused Lessons book
- Effective Vocabulary Instruction for Learning-Focused Lessons Training Guide (Presentation Notes)
- Lifetime membership to Learning-Focused Online (online platform for all leadership and teacher resources)
- Access to downloadable presentations
- Access to MicroPD courses and facilitator guides (distributed professional development)
Half Day Sessions
Looking to go deeper than an one hour breakout session? Try a more immersive half day session — explore the impact and importance of specific exemplary strategies and practices on school and student achievement.
Each day choose from a variety of short, focused one hour breakout sessions on every aspect of pedagogy and learning. You will be able to attend four sessions in total per day, one during each Breakout Group: A, B, C, D.
Network and Unwind!
Learning-Focused is excited to invite you to attend our complimentary Conference Bash! Join us Thursday evening from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. to…
- meet fellow attendees and build your network of collaborators
- partake of drinks and a selection of hors-d’oeuvres
- snap and post memorable photos at our #LFUninterrupted photo booth
- win conference prizes for your school
More details will be provided at conference check-in.
Registration for the 3-day conference starts at $495 per person.
“The best teams win together, learn together, adapt together, lose together, and grow together.” -Shawn Murphy
Register your team for The 2019 Learning-Focused Uninterrupted Conference to qualify for one of our special discounts:
Participants are accepted on a full-payment, first-come, first served basis only. If using a Purchase Order, please send it with your quote.
Note: Do not make travel arrangements until you have received registration confirmation from Learning-Focused. We recommend against booking non-refundable flights due to the fact circumstances can change for Learning-Focused or you between now and the institute.
Submit a Proposal
We are looking for presenters to share their experiences with The Learning-Focused Instructional Framework, as well as how they have adapted the framework to meet their school’s or district’s needs.
Learning sessions will be based on the following suggested topics:
- Leadership (district and school level)
- Raising Rigor
- Writing to Raise Achievement
- Literacy Focus
- School and Classroom Culture
If you have another suggestion for a topic please let us know.
We know that in the pursuit of quality, many of you have found innovative and inspiring ways of “adapting, not adopting” so that the framework works for you! We are excited to share your great ideas with other educators.
Our theme for the conference is, The conference is only the beginning! We want to provide participants with additional follow-up throughout the year so that this conference is not like all of the others – a one and done. Instead, we want to foster ongoing learning and support as a community of Learning-Focused believers! After all, we know learning and change are not actual events but are instead processes that take time, effort, accountability, and most importantly, support! If you are accepted as a presenter, we will ask that you continue to support your session attendees with at least three of the following follow up options:
- online courses
- online forums
- blog posts
- additional resources
For all options, Learning-Focused will handle the distribution and delivery of content provided by you. We will also support you with the creation of the content if you need it.
All presenters will receive free admission to all three days and $350 of free Learning-Focused materials (a $845 dollar value!).
We know that with your knowledge, enthusiasm, and support for Learning-Focused, that this conference may be the first of its kind, but it will definitely not be the last!
Travel and Lodging
Participants are responsible for their own lodging and transportation. The 2019 Uninterrupted Learning-Focused Conference will be held at the Embassy Suites located on the campus of the University of South Florida in Tampa, FL.
Learning-Focused is partnering with the Embassy Suites to provide a conference rate. To reserve your room with the conference rate click here. Please note that these rooms are limited so, book your room as soon as you can.
Located across the street from the Embassy Suites hotel are the following hotels:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Tampa USF near Busch Gardens
- Wingate by Wyndham Tampa/At USF
- La Quinta Inn & Suites USF (Near Busch Gardens)
Please do not make your hotel reservation or purchase nonrefundable airline tickets unless you have received a confirmation email from Learning-Focused. If you do not receive a confirmation email within one week of submitting your registration, please email email@example.com or call 866-955-3276 to confirm your registration.
- Busch Gardens
- Adventure Island is the place for you
- Florida Aquarium
- Lowry Park Zoo
- MOSI (Museum of Science and Industry)
- Historic Ybor City
- Westshore Plaza or International Plaza
- Hyde Park Village – one of Tampa’s oldest neighborhoods, which offers a unique, outdoor shopping experience as well as several entertaining nightlife options.
The Tampa Bay area has something for everyone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Terms and Conditions
Learning-Focused reserves the right to reschedule a conference because of low registration. In the unlikely event of the conference must be rescheduled, all registrants will be notified and will receive full refunds or be able to transfer their registration to another date. Please do not make nonrefundable airline reservations until you contact Learning-Focused to find out if your session is being considered for rescheduling.
Unable to Attend
If you are unable to attend an event you have registered for, contact Learning-Focused through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 866-955-3276 no later than 30 calendar days prior to the start of the event to request a credit that can be used for Learning-Focused products or events.
After the 30-day timeframe, you are ineligible for a credit, but you may send a nonregistered person in your place, with registration confirmation or written authorization from you.
For all cancellations, there is a $50 processing fee.
As a Learning-Focused professional development participant, you may qualify for academic credit through your school or district. You may request a certificate of attendance by emailing email@example.com that is based on 18 hours of professional development.
Letter to Administrator
Do you need approval to attend The 2019 Uninterrupted Learning-Focused Conference? We have provided you with a letter that you can use to help get approval.
Click here to download.