We have a vision, and we hope you have it too. We see a school where every student has the benefit of having a highly effective teacher. But, vision without action is only a dream. So, how are we going to transform this vision into reality? The answer to that is simple. You.
When you attend one of our five-day Learning-Focused Training of Trainers Institutes, you will learn how to lead teachers in becoming the best possible educator they can be… aka, a Super Teacher!
What does that mean, “Super Teacher?” A highly effective teacher is defined as one who uses the most impactful research-based learning strategies and evidence-based practices during their lesson instruction at least 75% of the time. Wow! If you do not have a plan for how to achieve that, then yes, becoming highly effective may seem as likely as becoming a superhero! The good news… we have the plan!
Join us to learn how to help shift your instruction, your school, and your district into one that has turned vision into reality. Together, we will help teachers grow into the highly effective “Super Teacher” that every student deserves!
"Fantastic job! Everything was useful! Great examples. Deep discussions! High energy level kept me motivated."
The Learning-Focused Training of Trainers Institute is a rigorous five-day professional development that explores every aspect of The Learning-Focused Instructional Framework.
- key activities and content of each workshop.
- characteristics of strong workshop openings and closings.
- elements of effective presentations.
- keys to effectively facilitating learning activities.
- techniques for responding to questions skillfully.
- strategies for responding to training challenges.
- facilitate and redeliver each of the following three Learning-Focused workshops accurately and effectively:
- The High Performance Learning-Focused Lesson
- Increasing the Rigor of Learning-Focused Lessons: Higher Order Thinking, Reading, and Writing
- Accelerating Learning-Focused Lessons: Catching Kids Up!
- clarify common misconceptions and answer questions about the instructional framework like a pro!
- provide effective lesson feedback that makes an immediate difference in the confidence and competence of teachers.
- model what good teaching looks like by providing examples, demonstrations and think alouds throughout professional development.
- use distributed professional development to provide ongoing support for teachers.
- address training challenges appropriately.
- open and close workshops to facilitate transfer into practice.
7 important benefits from attending Training of Trainers…
- Save money with an onsite trainer
- Present Learning-Focused workshops in your school/district
- Learn how to adapt professional development for different needs and sizes
- Deepen your knowledge of The Learning-Focused Instructional Framework
- Personalized insights from Learning-Focused Experts
- Ability to customize presentations to school/district needs
- Receive trainer pricing on all Learning-Focused materials
I love Learning-Focused! As an instructional coach and curriculum specialist, Learning-Focused has helped me work more effectively with teachers--focused lesson planning, a variety of strategies for classroom instruction and student-driven instruction.
In addition to learning how to facilitate and redeliver each of the three Learning-Focused Instructional Framework professional development sessions, participants will also receive a trainer kit ($650 value) that includes the following resources and materials:
- The High-Performance Learning-Focused Lesson book
- Increasing the Rigor of Learning-Focused Lessons: Higher Order Thinking, Reading Comprehension, and Writing book
- Accelerating Learning-Focused Lessons: Catching Kids Up! book
- The Learning-Focused Instructional Framework Training Guide (presentation notes)
- Lifetime Membership to Learning-Focused Online (online platform for all leadership and teacher resources)
- Access to downloadable presentations in Google Slides
- Access to full professional development online courses and MicroPD courses (8 courses for each professional development workshop
Hotel information will be provided once registration is complete.
Only 4 spots left!
Hotel information will be provided once registration is complete.
Registration Details for Learning-Focused Training of Trainers Institute
Registration for the 5-day Training of Trainers Institute is $1,800 per person. Register three people and receive a 50% discount off the third person (a $900 savings)!
To register for a Training of Trainers Institute you need to complete this form or call 866-955-3276.
Participants are accepted on a full-payment, first-come, first-served basis only. If using a Purchase Order, please send it with your quote.
Note: Do not make travel arrangements until you have received registration confirmation from Learning-Focused. We recommend against booking non-refundable flights due to the fact circumstances can change for Learning-Focused or you between now and the institute.
Prerequisites for Learning-Focused Training of Trainers Institute
Successful completion of the following workshops/ online courses:
- Strategies in Action: Learning-Focused Lessons
- Strategies in Action: Raising Rigor
- Strategies in Action: Accelerating Learning-Focused Lessons
You will be provided the above online courses once you register and pay the registration fee. Even if you have previously participated in the above workshops/courses, the pre-requisite is to complete the courses prior to attending the institute.
What happens if I need to leave the institute early? In the event that a participant must leave prior to completing all five-days, they are responsible for attending the days missed at the next available institute. The certification and access to the presentations will be granted once all requirements have been meet.
Terms and Conditions
Learning-Focused reserves the right to reschedule a session because of low registration. In the unlikely event of the institute being rescheduled, all registrants will be notified and will receive full refunds or be able to transfer their registration to another date. Please do not make nonrefundable airline reservations until you contact Learning-Focused to find out if your session is being considered for rescheduling.
If you are unable to attend an event you have registered for, contact Learning-Focused through email at email@example.com or by calling 866-955-3276 no later than 30 calendar days prior to the start of the event to request a credit that can be used for Learning-Focused products or events.
After the 30-day timeframe, you are ineligible for a credit, but you may send a nonregistered person in your place, with registration confirmation or written authorization from you.
For all cancellations, there is a $50 processing fee.
As a Learning-Focused professional development participant, you may qualify for academic credit through your school or district. You may request a certificate of attendance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org that is based on 40 hours of professional development.
Travel and Lodging
Participants are responsible for their own lodging and transportation. Please do not make your hotel reservation or purchase nonrefundable airline tickets unless you have received a confirmation email from Learning-Focused. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within three weeks of submitting your registration, please email email@example.com or call 866-955-3276 to confirm your registration.
After your paid registration has been processed you will be provided additional information about the event location and hotels.