Sheila Blue is a dedicated and caring education professional that works with teachers and administrators across the country to increase teacher effectiveness and student achievement. In her current role as an online language arts instructor, Ms. Blue teaches middle school language arts in a 100% virtual environment and is working with a team to contribute to the continued development of Pasco county’s innovative Blended Learning Academies. As a Resource Specialist in Pasco County, FL she worked extensively to transform schools identified under the state’s Differentiated Accountability Model as well as develop and train multiple professional development courses for Pasco county.
- M.A., Secondary English Education, University of South Florida 2003
- B.A., English Literature, University of South Florida 1997
- Professional Teaching Certificate for English grades 6-12
- Endorsement for English of Speakers of Other Languages
- Online Instructor, Pasco eSchool, Land O’ Lakes, FL January 2014- Present
Online instructor Language Arts for grades 6-8 Social Media Instructor for grades 9-12
Design and deliver lessons in the virtual environment via Canvas, Black Board Collaborate and Adobe Connect. Teach students grades 6-8 via the FLVS Educator Learning Management System. Lead the Pasco eSchool middle school PLC. Design and provide trainings for virtual instructors in lesson and curriculum development.
- Instructional Specialist, Learning-Focused Solutions, Boone, North Carolina July 2012- Present
National education consultant providing professional development to teachers and administrators nation-wide. Provide face-to-face and virtual professional learning for instructional leaders and classroom teachers. Responsibilities include working collaboratively to assess client needs, designing and facilitating professional development plans and facilitating adult learning to the specified outcomes, utilizing professional learning protocols. Developing curriculum materials aligned to Common Core/State Standards.
- Resource Specialist, Staff Development Office, District School Board of Pasco County, Land O’ Lakes, FL January 2010 –July 2012 District Administrator
Oversee and Coordinate New Teacher Induction and Mentor program. Collaborate with department members to design, delivery, and evaluation of professional development for the District School Board of Pasco County, FL
- English Teacher/Class Sponsor, Sunlake High School, Land O’ Lakes, FL
August 2009 – December 2009 Teacher of English Grade 10
- English Teacher/Team Leader/Mentor, Seven Springs Middle School, New Port Richey, FL
August 2005 – May 2009
- English Teacher/Team Leader, Thomas E. Weightman Middle School, Wesley Chapel, FL
1999- 2004 Teacher of Language Arts for grades 6, 7, 8, 8th grade volleyball coach, team leader
Curriculum Development Experience
- In 2010-2012 Pasco County, co-created and delivered the following trainings:
- LEARN course Marzano’s “A Handbook for The Art and Science of Teaching” collaborating with CIS
- Assessments for Learning collaborating with Research and Evaluation
- Lesson Study collaborating with DA schools CIS, and RTI teams for implementation
- Differentiated Instruction
- Worked with the department to revise and deliver Cooperative Learning, Coaching for Student Achievement, and Designing Training.
- Revised/updated New Teacher Induction Training and Classroom Management collaborating with USEP, ESE, CIS, CTE and Superintendent staff
- Updated and Revised Pasco’s Clinical Educator and Mentor Training
- Wrote and provided Mentor Liaison Training
- In January of 2013, contracted with Learning-Focused to be a part of their redevelopment team. Using feedback from school districts nation-wide and to better align practices to the Common Core Standards, our team wrote the now published materials (July 2013):
- The Next Generation of Learning Focused Lessons
- Higher Order Thinking: Increasing the Rigor of Learning Focused Lessons
- Effective Assignments and Assessments for Learning
- Accelerating Learning for all Students
Honors and Awards
- Pasco eSchool’s “Live Lesson Queen” Award 2014
- Pasco eSchool’s Ninja Star Award for Lesson Development 2015
- 2016 Trendsetter Nominee at the 2016 FLDVIPN Symposium
- 2016 FLDVIPN Symposium WIIFM How to Increase Academic Engagement in Lessons
- 2016 FLDVIPN Symposium Make Student Talk Say Something: Creating online forums
All Articles are linked to Learning-Focused PLC. If you are not a member of Learning-Focused PLC click here to learn more.