Ann Lewis Vita[/text_output]
- Masters of Education, Administration and Supervision, Salisbury University, Salisbury, MD: 1991.
- Bachelor of Arts in Secondary Education-Speech and Drama, English, Salisbury State College, Salisbury MD: 1972.
- Additional Graduate Work at:
- Towson State College
- Loyola College
- Western Maryland College
- University of Maryland, College Park
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- Delaware Certification Areas
- Teacher of English
- Principal/Assistant Principal
- School Leader I
- Professional Leadership Coach for Seaford Schools District, 2013 – Present.
- Middle School Principal for Laurel School District (DE), October 2011 – June 2013.
- Literacy Specialist for the Laurel School District (DE), November 2003-October 2011.
- Supervisor of Instruction for Wicomico County Public Schools (MD), September 1998-October, 2003.
- Assistant Principal of Delmar Elementary School (Wicomico County Public Schools, MD), July 1996-September 1998.
- Principal of Woodson Middle School (Somerset County Public Schools, MD), July 1993-June 1996.
- Principal of Westover Elementary School (Somerset County Public Schools, MD), July 1989-June 1993.
- English and journalism teacher at Parkside High School (Wicomico County Public Schools, MD), September 1987-June 1989.
- English Department Chairperson and teacher At Catonsville Middle School (Baltimore County Public Schools, MD), September 1984-June 1987.
- English Department Chairperson and teacher at Pine Grove Middle School (Baltimore County Public Schools, MD), September 1981-June 1984.
- Teacher of English, theatre arts, and speech communication at Catonsville High School (Baltimore County Public Schools, MD), February 1972-June 1981.
Other Professional Experience
- Adjunct Instructor at Salisbury University, 1994 – Present.
- Adjunct Instructor at the University of Maryland, Eastern Shore, 1992 – Present.
- Adjunct Instructor at Essex Community College, 1979 -’80. Taught Speech 101.
- Instructor for M.S.D.E. Courses for Continuing Education.
- Instructor for Delaware Professional Development Clusters.
- Served as the Language Arts Team Leader for the Mississippi Curriculum Project which developed curriculum and provided training for teachers in Mississippi following the devastation of Hurricane Katrina, 2007-08.
- Have provided professional development for teachers across Maryland, Delaware, South Carolina, Mississippi and Missouri in the areas of reading in the content areas, effective writing instruction, differentiated instruction, Cooperative Discipline, and a variety of other topics.
- National Middle School Association
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Eastern Shore Reading Association
- Former President of Maryland Communication Association
- Former President of Eastern Shore Chapter, Phi Delta Kappa